In the years following World War II, BMJ saw its business boom, and the practice began work on landmark expansive projects.
Archive: October 2011
An educational institution in Glasgow, Hutchesons’ Grammar School was originally opened more than 400 years ago as a school to teach orphaned boys.
BMJ won an open design competition to create a project at Dunoon, which has brought such acts as Pink Floyd, Blur and the Red Hot Chili Pipers to the town.
BMJ Architects began work on the Queenslie Industrial Estate in 1945, and continued developing the area for nearly 40 years.
An early high-profile project for BMJ founder George Boswell was designing an extension for Templeton’s Carpet Factory in Glasgow.
One of BMJ’s most high-profile projects of the 1990s was its work on the Alexander Gibson Opera School at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama (RSAMD).
In 1988, BMJ won a prestigious design competition to work as consultant architects for the design and build of Glasgow’s famous Bell’s Bridge.
In 1963, BMJ began work on one of Glasgow’s largest new housing developments at Pollokshaws.
The University of Warwick has taken possession of the Materials and Analytical Science Building.
The rebranding of BMJ is to feature in a new design book, Relogo – Redesigning the brand.