Guy's & St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust
The new outpatient facility at St Thomas’ Hospital Grade II listed South Wing is purpose built for children and adolescents born with the cleft condition. The main driver behind its relocation from Guy’s Hospital was to align this service with the Evelina Children’s Hospital and to improve access to the co-located Medical Photography, Mould Lab and Dental Imaging departments. A new Cleft Services department at St Thomas’ Hospital includes:
• waiting for children and adolescents or adults,
• dedicated nurse consulting room
• sound-proof speech and language therapy rooms with integrated, purpose made journey to conceal the desk and storage.
• a psychology consulting room with carefully selected furniture providing a calming environment
• a state of the art dental and orthodontic suite with integrated ceiling artwork to sooth and distract young patients.
• dental imaging facilities
• a multi-disciplinary team room for group assessments.
• a purpose build medical photography studio
• two mini mould Labs
Carefully designed artwork enhances the environment for children and adolescents in a playful and inspiring way. It takes reference from the catchment area of the service across South East England.
Challenge & Solution
Innovation & Added-Value